Latest Zircon Publication: Winning Attitudes – What does it take to be successful, according to Olympians, CEOs, Founder Entrepreneurs and Media Personalities
What does it take to be Successful?
Research suggests that there are many characteristics that contribute to an individual making it to the top of their sport or industry. Less information exists about the critical elements that make the real difference and catapult people to the dizzy heights of the Olympics, Global Business or West End success. Here, success means a person being at the top of their game, achieving significant results and being championed by others as a Winner; a success that others only aspire to achieve. In this research, we have worked to understand the ingredients that make up a Winning Attitude. Our 20 years of working in the talent arena have shown that while many of us are talented and have Strengths that help us to succeed, real success requires more than just talent.
In order to discover the key ingredients to success we interviewed 42 Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), Presidents, Founder-Entrepreneurs, Sports Stars, Olympians and Media personalities including Olympic Swimmer Mark Foster, Broadway Star Ruthie Henshall and Jacqueline Gold CBE, CEO of Ann Summers. They shared their mind-set and motivations for overcoming adversity and becoming champions in their field. Our interviewees also completed the Unique Strengths® Questionnaire which enabled us to collate the 7 core Winning Strengths.
Zircon’s research into Winning Attitudes found that:
• There are 10 internal attributes of a Winning Attitude, including Realistic Optimism, Burning Ambition and Maximising Opportunities
• Each Winner is Different: each Winner has a different combination of these characteristics which drive them to succeed
• Strengths Elevate Success: identifying and using Strengths helps to tangibly express a Winning Attitude and elevate success
• The Environment Matters: both positive and negative external forces can trigger the Winning Attitude
• Real Winners are Never Complacent: they never lose sight of what they want to achieve
• Winners have Internal Locus of Control, taking personal accountability and responsibility for their success
• Winners are Created, not Born; through their determination, focus, belief and ‘grit’
• State of Mind is Fundamental in reaching your full potential
• Our Unique Strengths® Questionnaire can help you to discover your Winning Strengths
This white paper covers areas such as:
• What is a Winning Attitude?
• What are the characteristics of a Winning Attitude?
• What are the triggers that prompt a Winning Attitude?
• What are the 10 Winning Attributes?
• What are the 7 core Winning Strengths?
Previous Zircon Publications
Please click here to download Zircon’s 2015 Publication Inspirational Presence
Please click here to download Zircon’s 2013 Publication HR and Talent in the 21st Century
Please click here to download Zircon’s 2012 Publication The Future of Talent Management